Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Aritificial Intelligence

Run run run as fast as you can. You'll never catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!

While it is true that one can avoid or run away from impending danger (such as a hungry bear), there are equally as many things which one can not run/hide from.

I had a conversation with my manager/boss last night before the end of the day. I took a business tactic  to review, along with the template and the other relevant items. She started going through the report template saying to cut this or to add that or modify such then stopped short. She said to me "I could have sworn that we've had this conversation already."

I responded that it was the first I had remembered hearing about it. But then, this woman is blessed with the memory of an elephant and these days, I seemingly have the memory capacity of a goldfish. Apparently we had spoken about it at some point and I forgot that we chatted. Gooo me! What a way to make an impression.

This isn't the first time I've noticed that my memory just 'aint what it used to be. I rely on technological doo-dads to get me to the next meeting and remind me when something is due. But here's the caveat, if you didn't set up the reminder, you're screwed. Since I started working, my dependency on these gadgets has become more and more heavy. Ever go the day without checking your smartphone or email... even when it hasn't alerted you of anything? Yea, me neither.

The reliance on these doo-dads is probably what is contributing to my decline in memory... and not at all my pending birthday...

2 comments:

  1. Aww man...Where was the berry to remind you of this chat when you needed him?!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's exactly the problem! not set up and hence screwed!!

    ReplyDelete