Sunday, January 29, 2012

Uhh Earth to Matilda, I was at a day spa. Day, D-A-I-Y-E. Okay?

--Derek Zoolander

No, I wasn't gone for a week where nobody could find me; I had a fabulous weekend. Friday started with yet another birthday dinner from my favourite person and I got to watch The Watchmen. I read the comic/graphic novel and thoroughly enjoyed the social commentary (though was somewhat distraught at times). The movie was certainly longer than I would be able to keep my attention... but I think that it had to be all done (there was still parts missing and they changed the ending) to make it an effective movie.

On Saturday, I helped my mom get a birthday present that she was ecstatic with: a mega deal for 6 pairs of cordory pants which were a savings of well over $300. Yea, I know--what a deal, huh? I am pretty certain that the present itself was not in fact the pants... but the fact that the deal was so awesome. I wish all my clothing sales were that awesome.

Then we headed to an invigorating yoga class with a fabulous yoga instructor which we did for 1.5 hours an the 26th floor of my favourite person's condo-apt. It was such a great feeling to be able to stretch out and unravel all the tight and uncomfortable bits.

Dinner was a delicious grass-fed striploin steak at 5 Doors North with my 'sister' from UW. It was so great that we didn't realize we had been chatting for over 3 hours!

Sunday was the cherry on top of the sundae. I was swept away to a day of relaxing fun and bonding with my bestie. We went to Hammam Spa on King West for custom facials and steam room stuff. Then we proceeded to the Distillery District for a (super) late lunch at Pure Spirits: Oyster House & Grill. Yum-o. Their chowdah was awe-som-o.

Anyways, without further ado, I present several photos taken from our little trek out that way...
This one is my favourite.

The following are some more that need some post-processing but what the hell. Sans post-processing!


All aperture priority with my nifty50.

No comments:

Post a Comment