Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Information Download

I always remember the scene in The Matrix, where they literally download "programs" into the people. Keanu Reeves has all these martial arts downloaded into him and then he gets them to upload tonnes of information too. I found this concept fascinating. So, I try to read as much as I can and learn about all sorts of things, places, times and people. It's a slow (and sometimes inefficient) method to obtain information but at this point in time, it's the only one we've got.

While I like to read about real life and history, I have a spot for certain types of fiction.

Lately, I've gotten back into the series of books written by Carlos Ruiz Zafon--a Spanish writer who writes gothic/macabre type novels. I've read his first of the series called the Shadow of the Wind and literally could not put it down. Last night, I finished the second installment, The Angel's Game.


Just a great story that is well written and just opens my eyes to a different time, place, people and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment