Tuesday, May 15, 2012

An Evening with Two Great Minds

http://suzuki-louv.eventbrite.com/

I almost met David Suzuki in person, last week. I was practically in his breathing space. And then I panicked and turned around to go to work instead.

Apparently Mr. Suzuki was in fact in Toronto and was filming something at the CBC. Just my luck to be too yellow to approach the man for a once in a lifetime opportunity. I did though, get the advantage to be informed about the upcoming event with Mr. Suzuki and award winning author and journalist, Richard Louv.

With being Canadian, we've probably got the household name of Suzuki down pat. We know who he is, what he has done and what he stands for. But, do you know about Richard Louv? I don't.

My brother sent me a link to an article about the "nature deficit disorder" and how it has some substantial scientific research associated with it. Enter, Mr Louv! Who knew that the book my brother was talking about, "Last Child in the Woods" is written by the same man that the DSF was pairing together with Mr Suzuki that evening! I don't know about you but I would be happy to pay the fee to go... it sounds like it could be an exciting evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment