Thursday, August 15, 2013

“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.” --Oscar Wilde

Our world is filled with all sorts of diverse subjects, themes and stories; there are so many that I want to immerse myself and just take it all in; I thirst for knowledge and new experiences. I'm sure you can tell through my blog posts, that I have a wide range of interests with a few key focuses that I could easily devote my entire life, if I was allowed to. The main one is certainly my equestrian activities but reading helps me get into the heads of other people to know what their lives are/were like.

My mom always said that the best thing to do for yourself is to read. When you read, you're taken on an adventure that is far away; be it a fictional or non-fictional read. I am inspired by Amb to read more and to allow others to have an idea of where I've gone, with my reading. In an effort to accomplish this, I am going to undertake a new project called the "Book Club 2013" and I'll be posting a list of books I will be reading and subsequently reviewing.

A new page has been created to keep track of this new project and I hope that you will join me in suggesting good books to read! :)

6 comments:

  1. EEEEEE!!!! I am SO excited about this !!! Not that you could tell, or anything. Off to look at your new page right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! this is gonna be fun! keep me distracted is what it's going to do :P

      Delete
  2. Also, PS: I love that Oscar Wilde quote so much !!! It's brilliant !!! May I use it for a WoW Friday one of these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay reading! i'm going to read garp when i can too so i can re-experience it as an adult.

    ReplyDelete